Here’s 5 tips for staying cool during summer workouts:
1. Drink and dunk. Yeah, you guessed it. Drink water to stay cool! Make sure to drink before, during, and after your workout to keep your body hydrated and to combat the heat. And don’t underestimate the benefits of dousing your head in cold water. Just cooling your head will help your whole body to cool off.
2. Stay Indoors! Whenever possible, do your workout indoors. It might be tempting to sunbathe while exercising, but the combination of direct sunlight and physical exertion will wear you out sooner. Instead, stick to running on that treadmill!
3. Stick to morning or evening workouts. Sometimes, even indoor workouts are still too hot. If possible, schedule your workouts during cooler hours – like early in the morning or later in the evening. Your body will be much more comfortable and you’ll be better able to focus.
4. Give yourself time to adapt. It takes time for your body to adapt to summer weather. If you don’t regularly use exercise equipment then you will need to give yourself time to adjust before attempting a challenging summer workout. Take two weeks to work your way up to a full length workout.
5. Wear the right clothes. Obviously, you’ll want to ditch your winter workout gear during the hotter months. Opt for loose fitting, lightweight clothing that’s light in color.
Whether you like to run indoors or take your Street Elliptical outside, Fitness Direct has top lines of Home & Commercial Exercise Equipment. Plus, if you like Fitness Direct on Facebook you’ll get the latest info on discounts and sale items!