Feeling a little overstuffed from too much holiday cheer? We all love Christmas parties and holiday get-togethers, but yule-tide festivities have a tendency to expand people’s waistlines and those bad habits can last into the new year.
This year, get a head start on your summer weight loss goals! Here’s how to fight off that post-holiday weight gain in the midst of year-end celebrations:
• Make time to workout, even if it’s just a little bit of time. Too busy to squeeze in your regular exercise routine? Try doing several mini-workouts throughout the day. Try reps of your favorite muscle-strengthening moves, like lunges, push-ups, crunches, planks, dumbbell rows, etc… Anything to keep your body moving!
• Skip the dips and go easy on the treats. You can count on it – almost any party will have a table laden with hors d’oeuvres and treats galore! Limit yourself when it comes to creamy dips and sweets – those foods likely have the highest fat and sugar content.
• Make physical fitness a fun family affair. Grab your loved ones and have a snowball fight, play a Wii game, go on a run, or trek the mall.
• Get to know your cocktail calorie count. Before heading to a holiday shindig take a moment to brush up on your knowledge of alcoholic beverages! A simple web search can show you the calorie content of all your favorite drinks. Or, download an app for your smart phone. There are several that tally drink calories and calculate just how much exercise it will take to burn off those cocktail calories!
• Buy yourself some physical-fitness-boosting gifts. Nothing’s more motivating than having new gym apparel, workout gear, or exercise machines! Not sure where to begin? Go for a couple sets of gym clothes, a water bottle, and a treadmill. Treadmills are one of the easiest pieces of gym equipment to use and can be utilized no matter what your fitness level is.
Ready to get back in the game? Update your Exercise Equipment – Ab Machines, Treadmills & Home Gyms with top line products from Fitness Direct. And if you follow Fitness Direct on Twitter you’ll get tweets with info on sales, discounts, and more!