The dramatic rise in demand for CrossFit equipment San Diego is due to an insurgence of interest in non-mainstream fitness. CrossFit, which now has live games broadcast on ESPN, is a part of a massive trend throughout America and the modernized world. It’s about functionality, universal exercise scalability, versatile body control, strength and human endurance.
When it comes time to invest in CrossFit gear, there’s some tips to keep in mind that will help guide you to the best stuff to serve your particular needs and area. Here are three of them to get you started.
Tip #1: Not Just for Millennials
Through advertising and marketing CrossFit makes it seem like only people in their 202, 30s and 40’s get involved because of how hardcore and intense the training can be. But, that’s really not the truth at all. The equipment needs to be as accessible to folks in their 50 and 60s as well because we live in an aging population that living longer and longer.
Furthermore, there are tons of moderate fitness lovers that are looking to take advantage of the CrossFit approach to physical conditioning. It’s not all just a bunch of fanatics.
Tip #2: Know the Most Popular CrossFit Equipment San Diego
Here’s a list of the most highly sought after items that people are interested in, whether they have or plan to open a CrossFit gym, or are just looking for the equipment to use at home.
- Medicine Balls: These are popular and really useful proprioceptive devices that work muscle tissue in a unique way.
- Jump/ Plyoboxes: These are intense and come in different sizes and heights but can be found in any serious athletic gym, commercial or otherwise.
- Slam Balls: These are like medicine balls and also come in a variety of weights, but they’re meant to be slammed on the ground or on a wall.
- Dumbbells: These will probably never go out of style because they’re too useful.
- Kettlebells: These are surging in popularity in the west because for tons of reasons. Don’t go without a good set that offers light to moderate and heavy weights like the dumbbells.
- Olympic Barbells: These are critical and most CrossFit gyms have a fair amount to offer, or stacked up on the wall ready to go.
- Bumper Plates: Typically it’s better to go with safer rubber-based bumper plates rather than concrete or steel.
- Conditioning/Climbing Ropes: Whether you’re climbing them, pulling or playing tug-o-war, these are huge strength builders.
- Sandbags: Toss them around, carry them around, drag them around. Great stuff!
- Mats: They help protect both the equipment, and your floor.
- Benches: Tons of free weight exercises require these.
We could go on and on. When you start looking at all the options you realize that just about all the equipment CrossFit uses is awesome.
#3: Depend on a Reputable Brand & Invest in quality
Make sure that you don’t waste money on knock-offs or cheap deals. If you’re looking for the best CrossFit equipment San Diego go with a brand you know and trust.